Malaria Commodity Access
What is Commodity Services?
Commodity Services is a unit of the RBM Secretariat working together with RBM partners to support the procurement and supply management efforts for nets, insecticides, medicines and diagnostics. These interventions are urgently needed to achieve the goals laid down in the Global Malaria Action Plan. Whilst commodity services does not procure itself it does:
- generate and publish market data on malaria commodities
- aggregates and distributes forecast information
- fosters collaboration between partners to address specific supply issues and bottlenecks
Commodity Services' aim is to service countries and other partners in:
- their search for products that are safe and cost-effective;
- efficient procurement;
- identifying sources of reliable technical assistance in Supply Chain Management;
- their search for information and guidelines on pre-qualification of products.
- Help partners communicate plans and share assumptions, within the bounds of international rules and regulations
- Provide access to raw data for forecasts, current forecasts, and historical forecasting and procurement data.
- Compile, consolidate and establish forecast for drugs and nets.
- Work with countries and other RBM partners to proactively identify reliable suppliers,
- Organize technical assistance to manufacturers to accelerate submission to WHO prequalification/certification,
- Work with partners to facilitate investment in manufacturing,
- Facilitate collaboration between endemic countries and industry to enable technology transfers including quality assurance.
- Assist countries in preparing their procurement plans,
- Publish and distribute price data
- Publish and distribute approved supply lists, funding resources, and prequalification requirements
- Track and maintain updates of procurement activities of various agencies,
- Maintain updates on production plans
- Assist countries with estimating costs (insurance, freight) and identifying time constraints and solving logistic issues
- Field missions to review with countries the drug management situation, and
- Work with partners to coordinate the provision of technical assistance to countries in drug management and distribution systems.
|Dr Jan Van Erps
Tel: +41 22 791 5867
Supply Chain Support Adviser
Tel: +41 22 791 1828
Supply Chain Support Assistant
Tel: +41 22 791 4234