RBM Partners, UN Ambassadors, EU Parliamentarians, officials in the Islamic Development Bank and Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and communities in the Elimination Eight (E8) countries will commemorate World Malaria Day 2015 in New York, Brussels, Geneva, Jeddah and Livingstone. More awareness creation is planned in other cities and communities around the world in line with the theme, Invest in the Future; Defeat Malaria. Focus will be placed on the need for increased financing, tackling drug and insecticide resistance, increasing investment in elimination efforts, improving protection for pregnant women and prioritising malaria in a new era of development.
- Brussels hosted by the ACP: Achieving Malaria Elimination – the Role of the European Union
- New York and Geneva hosted by the UN: Progress in malaria control under the MDGs – Financing Elimination under the SDGs
- Geneva hosted by Australia and Vietnam : An Asia-Pacific Free of Malaria by 2030
- Jeddah hosted by the Islamic Development Bank and OIC: The situation in OIC Countries- Challenges and opportunities in Financing the Global Malaria Response
- Livingstone hosted by Gov of Zambia: Building Strong Partnerships to Eliminate Malaria