RBM Framework for Monitoring Progress and Evaluating Outcomes and Impact
The RBM framework describes the main components of RBM, especially at the country level. It was developed to monitor progress and evaluate the outcomes and impact of Roll Back Malaria and identifies the following five "critical areas":
- The impact on malaria burden, i.e., mortality, morbidity, and economic losses
- The improvements in malaria prevention and disease management, including prevention and control of epidemics
- The related health sector development
- The intersectoral linkages which need to be created or reinforced
- The support and partnerships
It is proposed that all regions and RBM countries use this framework to develop their own monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Tool Designer Organization:
- The tool [in English], [in French], [in Portuguese]
- Dr James Banda, RBM Partnership Secretariat
Summary of main features
- Provide a framework for Roll Back Malaria monitoring and evaluation, to be used by RBM countries to develop their own M&E system.
- Scope of interventions
- Malaria M&E planning and budgeting
- Contributes to the development of a comprehensive M&E plan at country level
- Time frame
- Potential users
- National malaria programmes, RBM regional networks, partners and donors
- Skills required
- No particular skills
- Type of software
- Adobe PDF
- User manual available?
- Country applications
- Should be used as guidance by all RBM countries.
- Last update and version