Current vacancies with the Roll Back Malaria Partnership:
Provide management and leadership:
- Contribute to the establishment of the Country/Regional Support Partner Committee (CRSPC) to ensure a smooth transition and transfer of existing work plans and resources.
- Work with CRSPC co-chairs and members to develop committee work plans and implementation strategies inclusive of key stakeholder consultations to inform the design of country and regional structures and work plans.
- Assist, together with the Co-Chairs of the Country / Regional Support and Advocacy and Resource Mobilization Partner Committee (ARMPC), in the development of a strategy on country and regional resource mobilization and the effective use of existing resources in collaboration with new RBM mechanisms
- Advise the Co-Chairs of the CRSPC for the development of costed work plans for the area for work and within the boundaries set by the Board and the CEO, including advising on strategic planning, risk management, as well as streamlined procedures and best practices.
Country / Regional Support:
- Promote effective use of available resources for the development of resource mobilization strategies in countries and regions
- Facilitate the building of consensus working together with the Partnership management team, RBM partners and key stakeholders for the implementation of Board decisions through cross-cutting work plans and objectives, as well as proposals for innovative activities and streamlined processes.
- Work with country representations, CRSPC co-chairs, and committee members to effectively promote the prioritization and targeting of interventions at country level through the use of data for the purpose of maximizing disease control results and “value for money” within the context of national strategic plans.
- Work with CRSPC co-chairs,committee, and partnership at large to co-ordinate and provide technical assistance and implementation support to countries to:
- Adopt, implement and share best practices.
- Lead and participate in comprehensive programmatic and financial gap analyses.
- Contribute to the development of funding proposals (including Global Fund Concept Notes) and other investment requests, including exploring flexibility within existing major donors, increasing public and private domestic resource commitments, and expanding innovative financing approaches
- Foster country coalitions to focus on key malaria issues within each country and region.
- Coordinate between country, regional, and global-level donors to enhance understanding and collaboration, jointly resolve key bottlenecks, and work with resource mobilization units to fill funding gaps.
- In conjunction with the ARMPC, represent RBM Partnership and take one of the leading roles in the area of resource mobilization for country programmes by networking existing and prospective partners, donors and interested parties; negotiating and collaborating with them to encourage interest and attract support as part of fund-raising drives towards increasing financial support for RBM, as well as broadening awareness among potential donors and key partners.
- Support countries and Partners to adopt, implement and share best practices.
- Contribute to the facilitation of information-sharing, effective communication and collaboration across the RBM Partnership, as well as existing and prospective partners.
- Within delegated authority, distributing assignments to facilitate smooth and effective use of human and financial resources; training, motivating and coaching staff, as well as evaluating performance and facilitating career development.
Candidates may apply for the position by April 9, 2017 via UNOPS website: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=12058#
- General policy advisory / RBM programme support and delivery
- Support the monitoring of the RBM Strategy and workplan Review strategic policy documents, prepare briefings and provide advice and support
- Draft key CEO communications collateral including reports, speeches and engagement material for key stakeholders
- Ensures implementation of the resource mobilization strategy for core RBM funding requirements including the drafting of proposals and / or tenders
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building, sharing and management across the RBM management team
General policy advisory / RBM programme support and delivery:
- Lead the provision of policy advisory services that respond to the CEO’s needs;
- Provide policy advice and technical guidance to and collaborate substantively with other UN Agencies’ focal points to help achieve RBM’s strategic goals and implement supported programmes;
- Provide direct technical advice, capacity building and backstopping as required;
- Exercise quality assurance for policy services across RBM Partner Committees and foster policy innovation to enhance programme delivery;
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social, and economic situation within malaria affected countries;
- Participation / support in the work of Partner Committee activities and the preparation of inputs;
- Preparation of high quality documents summarizing the developments in the UN agencies areas of cooperation.
Support the monitoring of the RBM strategy and workplan:
- Ensures support for the preparation of proposals for funding and drafting of the RBM Workplan and reports;
- Provides technical support for RBM Board Meetings to review the annual workplan and other RBM meetings;
- Enlists management solutions to troubleshoot programme delivery difficulties and share best practices.
Review strategic policy documents, prepare briefings and provide advice and support:
- Ensures maintenance of the systematic information on the CEO’s activities;
- Supports regular forums and events on issues related to UN activities with media, NGOs, communities, etc.
- Supports implementation of media and communication strategies of the CEO, in close consultation with the Strategic Communications Partner Committee (SCPC) Manager and information/communication focal points of the UN system
- Collects inputs and prepares speakers’ notes, talking points, speeches for major advocacy events of the CEO (and RBM Board Chair if required) in close consultation with partners;
- Oversees preparation of media advisory notes and press releases;
- Forges/implements successful and strategic partnerships with UN and external partner institutions –government institutions, private sector, academia, bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors, private sector and civil society
- Analyzes and researches information on donors, prepares reports on donors’ strategies and organizes.
Ensure facilitation of knowledge building/sharing and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to country / regional policy goals;
- Identification of sources of information related to coordination;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Organization of training for RBM staff on coordination issues.
- Support the RBM Board Chair in the preparation of briefings, speeches and talking points as required and as directed by the CEO;
- Working together with the Partnership management team, RBM partners and key stakeholders, build consensus for the implementation of Board decisions, work plans and objectives;
- Working with countries under the guidance of the CEO and CRSPC co-chairs to effectively support and promote the work of RBM and its Partners;
- Facilitate information-sharing, effective communication and collaboration across the RBM Partnership, as well as existing and prospective partners.
- Within the delegation of authority, to oversee and manage the work of assigned staff, distributing assignments to facilitate smooth and effective use of human and financial resources; training, motivating and coaching staff, as well as evaluating performance, facilitating career development;
- To perform other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping for others as required.
Candidates may apply for the position by April 10, 2017 via UNOPS website: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=12063#1